Mastodon

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Anyone for tennis?

...in which I consider Wimbledon and pickled onions

I'm not sure why, but I've never really been in to sport at all; when I was younger I would always much rather read a book than watch the TV, regardless of what was on, and the only sport my mum ever watched was snooker (does that count as a sport? I guess so. Cue jokes about blue balls...). 

So it was something of a surprise to find that I quite liked watching tennis when my wife introduced me to it. I'm not sure whether her interest was purely to do with the actual playing of the game or just the men's legs, but after watching it with her I found that I could appreciate the skill involved. Before that, Wimbledon had always been just the place where the common that the wombles lived on was as far as I was concerned. So it's now Wimbledon fortnight, the weather is good and I've just seen Andy Murray utterly annihilate the unfortunate Blaz Rola (wasn't he a member of Run DMC or something?). I don't have any Pimm's but I'm very tempted to have a can of cider when I finish work...

I've also eaten the best part of a jar of pickled onions. I have (had?) an unhealthy addiction to crisps in my pre-Slimming World days, so I now tend to avoid them altogether as I know they're one of the things that makes my self control disappear (although I was very proud that I managed to stick to a single packet last time I had any), so pickled onions are how I've chosen to replace those. They are superfree (i.e. very low in calories) and you can't eat that many before your mouth starts telling you to stop.

Wednesday 25th June


Healthy A: 250 ml semi-skimmed milk (approximately - I couldn't find a measuring jug this morning so I've had 4 coffees and will have the rest black with sweetener).

Breakfast

Apple, nectarine, pear


Lunch

Bacon with tomato on a wholemeal roll (Healthy B)


Dinner

Pastry-less quiche with pasta, plum tomatoes and sweetcorn


Snacks/Drinks

Coffee, fat free yoghurt, fruit


Exercise

15 minute run
30 minutes exercise bike

2 comments:

Saira172 said...

Have you tried the SW Pimms? Something to do with no alcohol and Worcestershire Sauce - not quite sure if I'm brave enough!

Chris said...

I haven't - not sure I like the sound of balsamic vinegar mixed with lemonade, and definitely don't like the sound of no alcohol! :)